top of page

Acerca de


If your organisation is a charity, you will most likely know that reporting financial information each year is different to that of an ordinary Private Limited Company. The Charities Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP) is very complex and trying to ensure you are complying with all of the legislation can be a difficult task.

Most small and medium sized charities are exempt from requiring an audit, and instead require an independent examination from an accountant who is licensed with a regulated accounting body. As we are regulated by AAT for all our services, we are able to offer independent examinations to all charities where this is required.

An independent examiner should have:

  • sufficient financial awareness and numeracy skills

  • sufficient knowledge of the legislation surrounding the charity, including applicable SORP.

  • prior experience of working with charities

  • an understanding of the principles of fund accounting

  • an understanding of the Trustees' responsibilities

  • an understanding of the differences between 'receipts and payments accounts' and 'accruals accounts'

If an independent examiner does not possess all of the skills listed above, the charity is at risk of submitting incorrect accounts to The Charity Commission.

Our founder, Luke Baldwin, specialises in charity accounting and has experience working with lots of charities across the North West. If you are unsure what is required for your charity, or if you would like to discuss how we can help your charity in the future, please don't hesitate to contact the office on 01524 969177.

Let’s Work Together

Get in touch so we can start working together.

  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn
Thanks for submitting!
bottom of page